Tapeswitch™ TS-48 Sensing Edges are general purpose, medium profile, pressure sensitive safety edges. They have some compliance before activation, eliminating nuisance tripping, and provide about ¾ inch of overtravel cushioning after activation. Mounting is by means of snap-in channel that is available in three configurations: flat (aluminum or PVC) and with a straight or right-angle flange (aluminum only).
The Santoprene TPE housing is resistant to water, oil, hydraulic fluids, and coolants. The internal switching element is rated for millions of operations across surface. All TS-48 Pressure Sensitive Sensing Edges are supplied with 4-conductor Fail-Safe wiring and are compatible with Tapeswitch™ Safety Interface Modules.
Features & Benefits
• Compliance before activation eliminates nuisance tripping
• ¾ inch over travel provides cushioning after activation
• 4-conductor Fail-Safe wiring is standard
• Obstruction detection on power operated doors, gates, and stage lifts
• Collision detection on moving conveyors or platforms
• General applications for small sensing bumpers
||10 lbs (44 N) nominal
||0.75 in. (19 mm) after activation
|Recommended Voltage & Current:
||28 VAC or VDC at 1.0 amps max.
||2 x 20/2 AWG, Dri-Run, 72 in. long, 3⁄16 in. dia.
||Aluminum channel (flat or flanged)
PVC channel (flat only)