Tapeswitch™ TS-57 Sensing Edges are designed for powered doors and other applications requiring the most sensitive switching and the fastest activation. These two pressure sensitive safety edges differ mainly in overall height and the amount of overtravel cushioning. Mounting is by means of snap-in channel that is available in three configurations: flat (aluminum or PVC) and with a straight or right-angle flange (aluminum only).
The Santoprene TPE housings of these sensing edges are resistant to water, oil, hydraulic fluids, and coolants. The internal switching elements are rated for millions of operations across surface. All TS-57 pressure-sensitive safety edges are supplied with 4-conductor Fail-Safe wiring and are compatible with Tapeswitch™ Safety Interface Modules.
Features & Benefits
• High sensitivity with no compliance for fastest activation
• Substantial overtravel provides maximum cushioning after activation
• Specifically designed for powered doors and gates
• 4-conductor Fail-Safe wiring is standard
• Obstruction detection on high-speed, gym doors, and moving partitions
• Side bumpers on AGVs and mobile platforms or machinery
• General sensing applications requiring fast response and protective cushioning
||1.2 lbs (5.3 N) nominal
||1.77 in. (45 mm) after activation
|Recommended Voltage & Current:
||28 VAC or VDC at 1.0 amps max.
||2 x 20/2 AWG, Dri-Run, 72 in. long, 3⁄16 in. dia.
||Aluminum channel (flat or flanged)
PVC channel (flat only)