- Online Store
- Contact Info
• Key exchange box
• Designed to enable the release of keys by insertion of an initial key
• Releases up to 5 keys in any order
• Made for the usage in situations where multiple access points to the hazardous area are given
• Designed to be the link between the isolation units and access interlocks
• Supplied in an enclosure suitable for surface mounting
• Available with FS or Q type lock portions
A typical application of the Z key exchange box is machine guarding with one or more access points to the hazardous area. The key exchange box is used as a part of a safety system, which ensures a machine is shut down, before access to the hazardous area is allowed.
The system involves a KS key switch for the electrical supply and typically more than one AIE access interlocks for full body access. The removal of the isolation key from the key switch isolates the electrical supply to the machine. This key is taken to the Z key exchange box to release the trapped keys. The released keys are used to gain access through the AIE access interlocks.
The machine cannot be restarted until all keys are returned to the Z key exchange box and the power isolation key is released and replaced in the KS key switch.
|1||Lock portion type||FS / Q|
|2||Material||B - Brass (standard)|
|3||Mounting||H = Horizontal
V = Vertical
|4||Number of End Keys||1 (standard)|
|5||Number of Front Keys||Please Specify|
|6||Lock portion symbol - End Key||FS up to 3 characters / Q up to 6 characters|
|6||Lock portion symbol(s) - Front Key(s),
all to be advised separately
|FS up to 3 characters / Q up to 6 characters|