- Online Store
- Contact Info
• Single key access interlock
• Complete with electrical contacts
• Suitable for use on hinged and sliding doors
• The switch is sealed to IP65 with 1N/O 2N/C contacts, rated to 6 A with bolt trapped
• Manufactured in stainless steel
• Ideal for use in corrosive and harsh environments and where the lock is subject to heavy duty use
• Available with FS or Q type lock portions
• Shear force of bolt: 24KN
The Castell Hercules (AIS) access interlock with safety switch is used as a part of a safety system, typically in machine guarding applications.
The removal of the key from the AIS, isolates the electrical supply to the machine and allows the removal of the side bolt. Therefore the guard can only be opened when the electrical supply has been switched into a safe condition. This key is then taken into the area by the operative to safeguard against accidental lock-in or start-up or to initialize another part of the process, e.g. switching the machine into a teach mode.
The machine cannot be restarted until the door is closed, the bolt is trapped in the AIS access interlock and the key is replaced.
|1||Lock portion type||FS / Q|
|2||Material||S = Stainless steel (standard)|
|3||Key Condition (with bolt trap)||KT = Key trapped while bolt trapped
KF = Key free while bolt trapped
|4||Handing||1 = Left hinged door (bolt enters left)
2 = Right hinged door (bolt enters right)
|5||Lock portion symbol||FS up to 3 characters / Q up to 6 characters|